This is my completed Christmas challenge my upgraded cushion. It was originally bought for me by my children many years ago to go with a red blanket I have. The problem I had with it was that it wouldn't keep it's shape it kept going more diagonal than square because the fleece fabric had stretched because it hadn't been interfaced when made.
I wanted to keep the colour so it still goes well with my red blanket but I've always thought they looked very Christmassy so I wanted to add a little more Christmas flavour to it. I left the same fabric on the back, but I added interfacing to it so it wouldn't stretch out of shape again, I made the patchwork effect with Christmas fabric and I added a zip so after Christmas I can change the cover for something less Christmassy.
The first picture is the original cushion, pulled out of shape